Managing users can be done by Administrators. You can find this page via the Admin Panel (gear) > Users.
How to create a new user in SRXP?
To add a new user you can simply click the ‘New user’ button. This will guide you to an overlay where it’s possible to enter the mandatory fields. Would you like to import users in once? Read this article.
General information about the user settings
We identify users by their email address. Besides of that, you have to fill in the following information:
- ‘First name’ and ‘Last name’ are mandatory fields
- ‘Email’ is mandatory too and is our first identifier. So whenever you will add new users we will check all existing user accounts in your company for a double entry.
- ‘Job title’ is the field where you can group your users so that they have different rights. It’s mandatory too.
- ‘Establishments’ is a mandatory field to group users in for instance; departments, establishments, entities or cost centers.
- ‘Rights’ can be given at 5 different levels. See below.
- Act’ means ‘Active’. New users will be standard ‘active’. The only way users can become ‘deactive’ is by selecting them and choosing for ‘deactive user’. Deactivating means that this user will not be able to login anymore.
- ‘Actd’ means ‘Activated’. A new user will be standard ‘not yet’ activated. An Administrator can send a user an activation mail by selecting a user that is not yet activated and then clicking the ‘Send activation email’ button. The employee then receives an email with a link. Via this link they are able to create their own password. After doing this the column should be filled with a green checkmark instead of a red cross.
- The ‘eye’ icon can be clicked to see more details. This opens up an overlay that shows a lot of different fields. Some important ones: ‘Employee/creditor number’ is typically used for connecting the user to the financial system (creditor number) or payroll system (employee number).‘Approval policy’ is used to either ‘assign’ a specific approver or to let users ‘choose’ which approver the expenses report is sent to.‘Approver’: In both cases, it is possible to select an approver to go with the choice you made in the ‘approval policy’ step.‘Assistants’ can only be setup for users that are already activated.
Here we will describe the 5 different levels of rights that you can provide users with:
‘Adm’ = Administrator: This right will allow the user to change everything in the system. A user can change categories, payment methods, users, export formats and look into all expenses via the ‘all reports’ page and the ‘unsubmitted expenses’ page. This right provides the user with the gear.
- ‘Bill’ is for Billing Administrator: These users can see subscription info and invoices that comply with the contract between your company and SRXP. Typically accountant offices switch this off for their customers that do need to be able to change settings such as categories and users but should not see the invoices that SRXP sends to their accountant.
- ‘Sub’ is for Submitter: this right is for all employees that should be able to submit expenses. Users can see their personal expenses through the orange ‘submit’ tab.
- ‘Req’ is for Requester: this right allows the user to establish a budget for a business trip and submit it to the manager.
- ‘App’ is for an Approver’: this employee that should be able to approve other’s expense reports. If this checkbox is checked the employee will end up in the approvers list so that he or she will be available for connecting another user to their right approver.
- ‘Exp’ is for Exporter: this is for employees that should be able to export data from SRXP into other systems.
Would you like to know how to delete a user safely? You can read it here.