We have an automatic data feed for our credit cards or you are importing credit card statements manually.
You can access the credit cards page via the Admin Panel (gear icon) > Cards.
The credit cards page is used to display credit cards that we have recognized from the statement that has been imported, or that we have received via the automatic data feed that we have setup for your company.
In this article we describe the following:
- How to assign credit cards to users?
- Can I assign more users to 1 credit card?
- I can't select the right user when assigning the credit cards.
- I accidentally choose the wrong submitter when I assigned the credit card. How do I move the expenses to another user?
- What happens when I change the user of the credit card?
- What means Company or Indivual as Card type?
- What happens when I delete a credit card?
- Why can submitters only submit the credit card report 5 days after the statement day? (only applicable for automatic data feed)
If you do have an active data feed setup or after you have imported a statement, you will see a table with cards in there.
The information that you can find here is :
- A partially masked credit card number
- Employee number (if available)
- Cardholder Name
- Credit card issuer
- Card type
- Submitter (user from SRXP)
Please note: Be careful with editing and deleting information here, this can have some consequences what we will describe in this article.
- How to assign the credit cards to users?
When the data feed is activated or you have imported a statement for the first time, the cards don’t have a submitter connected to them initially. This is a mandatory thing to do because only then the transactions are displayed at the right user’s account.
- Click on - User -
- A search bar opens
- Search for the submitter
- Select the right submitter
After creating this connection between the card and the employee this will persist until you or another admin changes that. Every time we receive data via the data feed or when importing a statement with the same card number.
2. Can I assign more users to 1 credit card?
You can't assign more users to 1 credit card. You can select 1 credit card to 1 user account. You are able to add more credit cards to 1 user. For every credit card, a new credit card report will be made.
Do the costs need to be split to different users accounts or every user make expenses with the card and keep the receipts for themselves? In that case you will have the following options:
- Create one mutual/common user account.
- Assign the credit card to one user account. Make the other Submitters an Assistent of the credit card account so they are able to upload the receipts in this account
- Use the Tags to assign a flexible code to the expense that should have been booked on a different user.
- Move the expenses to another user account. Only the Administrator can do this (See topic 4 of this article)
3. I can't select the right user when assigning the credit cards.
You are assigning credit cards to users, but you can't select the right user. It doesn't popup in the drop down. You have to check the following information:
- Does the user already exist in SRXP?
If yes: the user needs to have the Submit rights.
If the user doesn't exist: create a new user with the Submit rights.
4. I accidentally choose the wrong submitter when I assigned the credit card. How do I move the expenses to another user?
It is important that you immediately correct the settings since all the received (or imported) transactions are uploaded in the wrong account.
First, change the user immediately. Select the right user. That will make sure that all the future uploaded transactions will be displayed at the right user's account.
Second, move the imported transactions to the right account:
- Go to 'Not submitted Expenses'
- Filter on the wrong user
- Select the expenses
- Click 'Assign to submitter'
The expenses will be moved to the user's Expense inbox. He still needs to add it to a report and merge receipts to be able to submit the expenses.
5. What happens when I change the user of the credit card?
All the future transactions will be imported in the new user's account. All the transactions that are already imported, won't be moved to the new account!
6. What means Company or Indivual as Card type?
When you make use of the data feed we make sure that the card type is set as Company. While importing your statement, make sure you choose the right card type. We advise to use Company:
- Company means that the user can't remove or adjust the credit card transactions, since the credit cards are company credit cards. They just need to justify the expenses that they have done with this card. The transactions will always be blue (strict).
- Individual means that the credit card is an individual card, managed by the user self. He or she can edit or remove the expenses. The transaction icons will always be orange (non-strict).
If you see accidentally the other color of credit cards, you can adjust this as followed:
- Go to 'Not submitted Expenses'
- Search for the expenses (by making use of the filter)
- Select the expenses
- Click 'Strict / Non-strict '
Also, take a look to the right Card Type of the credit card at 'Cards'.
7. What happens when I delete a credit card?
When you delete an assigned card, all the transactions that are not 'Processed' yet will be deleted! This includes the merged receipts!
Make sure all the reports and expenses have the status 'Processed' before deleting a credit card.
8. Why can submitters only submit the credit card report 5 days after the statement day? (only applicable for automatic data feed)
We are updating the information that we receive every 3 hours, but it takes approximately 2 days before we receive the transactions from your credit card issuer or bank. In total, it can take a maximum of 5 days to have all the transactions uploaded in SRXP. To make sure you have an accurate statement, the report can't submit 5 days before the statement day,