I would like to make a reporting in SRXP, how do I handle this?
You can make all kinds of reporting from SRXP to get a clear view on what is spent on for instance a certain project or category. You will make a 'data dump' from SRXP which you can adjust by using formulas and/or tables and charts in Excel.
You will use a CSV export format in SRXP. There is a standard CSV format in your SRXP environment available, but you can add more formats if you would like to.
In this article we will explain how to make a reporting for categories.
The following information will be described in this article:
- Add a new export format
- General information about the settings
- Adjusting the export format
- Result of the customized export format
1. Add a new export format
- Go to the Admin Panel (gear)
- Go to the export formats
- Click on the eye-symbol next to the CSV export format
- Or click on '+ New export format' if you would like to add a new format.
2. General information about the settings
If you open the CSV export format you will see the following settings:
Below you will see 'Rows'. This means that you have a choice of what you would like to have exported from SRXP. The choices that you have:
- Only reports
- Only expenses
- Reports and Expenses
The last option is most chosen. With Reports and Expenses you will see the values on Report 'level' (header row) and on Expense 'level'.
If you scroll down you will see the format where you can choose different values from SRXP for your export format. You need to look at the format as a tilt Excel:
- Column: The column in Excel
- Column title: The title of the column - You can type the title of your column
- Value: The value you will select from SRXP - you can select any wanted value
3.1: The value on report level (header)
3.2: The value on expense level
- Type: If you are looking for a constant value or a formula this field will open and you will be able to type your value
- Format: The format you would like to apply for a date or amount
3. Adjusting the export format
If you would like to build a reporting for the categories it would look something like this:
The values we have selected and which will be filled in in the columns will be:
A. On report level the word 'Report'
On expense level the word 'Expense'
B. On report level the column will be empty
On expense level the expense date
C. On report level the name of the reporter (submitter)
On expense level the column will be empty
D. On report level the column will be empty
On expense level the code of the category
E. On report level the column will be empty
On expense level the amount of the expense incl. (VAT)
4. Result of the customized export format
We will export a report to the customized export format:
This will create the following CSV (Excel) export:
In this Excel document you can use your own formulas or apply tables to calculate what has been booked on which category.