Common errors & tips
1. SOAP-ERROR: Parsing couldn’t load:
Error meaning: your Dynamics Navision environment is not accessible by external applications.Troubleshooting: make sure that:
- SOAP services are enabled. See the first section of “How to connect SRXP and Microsoft Dynamics Navision”.
- The port to which you intend to send information (8057 in the above example) is open. To open it, contact your Dynamics Navision reseller.
2. Nav attempted to issue a client callback … to run page as modal
Meaning: when creating the new purchase invoice, an end-user confirmation dialog or message box is triggered. These, are not supported by Navision’s web services.
Troubleshooting: make sure that the information / resource being sent from SRXP exists in your Navision environment. If it didn’t exist, Navision would trigger a dialog asking if you want to create a new resource (new vendor in the example above).
3. The field … contains a value that cannot be found in the related table
Meaning: the field value that we are trying to export to Navision is not valid. In the above screenshot, the error message tells us that 0 is not a valid value for the VAT Prod. Posting Group.
Troubleshooting: continuing with the above example, open Navision > go to the VAT Product Posting Table > check which are the valid values:
- If these values are already stored in SRXP, change the mapping for the relevant field in the export format.
If the values are not stored yet in SRXP, add them in an empty field of the relevant table, e.g. in the Free Field 1 column of the VAT table.
4. Evaluation failed ... can’t be evaluated into type date / decimal
Meaning: wrong date or decimal format.
Troubleshooting: go to portal.srxp.com/#/export_formats > open the export format for Dynamics Navision > change the date or decimal format in the SRXP export format for the field indicated in the error message (Document Date and Direct Unit Cost in the examples above).